This document applies to HP Notebook PCs with Microsoft Windows Vista .
HP Notebook PC models that are affected
The following HP Notebook PCs are affected:
- Compaq Presario V6500 Notebook PC Series
- HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC Series
- HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC Series
Resolving the SD card failure issue
The SD card failure issue is related to the VGA driver. Perform the following to resolve the issue:
- Remove the SD card and then re-insert the SD card. If the read/write access does not work as expected continue to the next step.
- Download and install the NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver, Version 22.214.171.124 REV: A (SP36212) onto your hard drive. The update is available at the HP Drivers and Downloads page for your model.
- Click Save .
- Save the .exe file somewhere on your hard drive.
- Locate the .exe file that you saved on your hard drive.
- Double-click the .exe file.
- Click Run to install the SoftPaq and follow the on-screen instructions to keep the SD card from failing after hibernation/standby in the future.
NOTE:A more recent version of this software may be available. Check for updated drivers and software for your computer at the HP Drivers and Downloads page .