This document includes instructions to print a Supplies Status page. The Supplies Status page reports the estimated toner level, printed page count, completed print jobs count, and ordering and recycling information.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured print cartridge, or a print cartridge used in another printer, the toner level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.Toner level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low toner levels, consider having a replacement print cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. Print quality deteriorates as print cartridges run out of toner.
Printing a Supplies Status page in Windows
Use the following steps to print a Supplies Status page from a computer running Microsoft Windows.
- Make sure that the product is idle and the Ready light is on.
- Load the plain white paper in the input tray.
- Open the product Printing Preferences dialog box.
- Windows XP: Click Start , click Printers and Faxes , right-click your product, and then click Properties .In the General section, click Printing Preferences .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel , click Hardware and Sound , click Printer , right-click your product, and then click Printing Preferences .
- Windows 7: Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel , double-click Printers and Devices , right-click your product, and then click Printing Preferences .
- Click the Services tab.
- Select Supplies Status Page from the Print Information Pages drop-down menu.
- Click Print . The Supplies Status page prints.