Compaq Presario SG3111LA Desktop PC support
Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Iris8)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM
- HP/Compaq name: Iris8-GL6
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 Watt TDP)
- Athlon 64 up to 3800+
- Sempron - All
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 4 GB*
- 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
- Up to 256MB (with 512MB or more system memory)
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Audio CODEC: ALC888
- 6 channel high-definition audio
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- One PCI Express x1
- Two PCI
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Two SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Two USB headers supporting 4 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (Not used by HP)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
To clear CMOS, follow these steps:
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLR_PWD.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLR_PWD to pins 2-3.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 1-2.
Other solutions customers found helpful
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum