Compaq Presario SR5223WM Desktop PC support
Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Ivy8)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: Asus M2N68-LA
- HP/Compaq name: Ivy8-GL6
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Athlon 64 up to 3800+
- Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 watt TDP)
- Sempron - All
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 4 GB*
- 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
- Up to 256MB of system memory (with 512MB or more system memory)
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- 6 channel high-definition audio
- Audio CODEC: ALC888
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- One PCI Express x1
- Two PCI
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Two SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Two USB headers supporting 4 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (Not used by HP)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled Clear P.W. The jumper is found at the lower right edge of the motherboard.
- Move the jumper on jumper Clear P.W. to pins 1-2.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.