HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer support
Printing a Self-test Diagnostic Page
This document provides instructions to print a self-test diagnostic page.
Use the self-test diagnostic page to view current device information, ink cartridge status, and printhead health status; to help troubleshoot problems; and to verify installation of optional accessories, such as the duplexer.
Printing a self-test diagnostic page
Click the plus sign () for the method to print a self-test diagnostic page.
Follow these steps to print a self-test report from the control panel.
- Load unused, plain, white paper (letter or A4 size) in the paper tray.
- Press and hold down the Power button ().
- Press the Cancel button ().
- Release both buttons simultaneously. The self-test report prints.
Follow these steps to print a self-test report from HP Solution Center.
- Click on the plus sign () next to your operating system, and then follow the steps to open HP Solution Center.
- From HP Solution Center, click the Settings menu.
- Click Print Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox. The Printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Services tab, and then click Print Self-Test Diagnostic Page. The self-test diagnostic page prints.
Other solutions customers found helpful
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum