HP LaserJet P1505 Printer support
Setting Up the LaserJet (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the printer
- Check the contents of the box
- Install the print cartridge
- Connect the power cord
- Turn on power
- Load plain paper
Setting up the printer
Follow these steps in order.
The following video demonstrates how to remove the packing materials from your product. The product shown in the video is the HP LaserJet P1505n. The outside of the product might look different, but the steps are similar for your product.
Step one: Unpack the printer
Remove all the orange shipping tape and packaging material from the product.
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Install the print cartridge
Follow these steps to install a cartridge.
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end.
- Pull the tab until all the tape is removed from the cartridge. Put the tab in the print cartridge box to return for recycling.
- Gently rock the print cartridge from front to back to distribute the toner evenly inside the print cartridge.
- Insert the print cartridge, and then close the print cartridge door.CAUTION:If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
Step four: Connect the power cord
Step six: Load plain paper
- Slide the paper width and length guides to their outermost positions.
- Place the stack of paper in the tray, and then make sure that it is flat at all four corners.
- Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.