This document pertains to HP Notebook PCs with Windows Vista.
Understanding the F9 blue screen error that occurs in hibernation/standby mode
An F9 blue screen error may occur when your notebook PC resumes from hibernation/standby mode while actively connected to a modem. This issue does not occur when HP notebook PCs are connected to the internet via a broadband connection.
Download and install NIS 2008 Modem Compatibility Update, Version 1.00, Rev A (SP38130) or later
If you use the HP Update utility to check for updated drivers and software, click Start , type HP Update into the search field, and then select HP Update from the list when it becomes available to install SoftPaq (SP38130) and resolve this blue screen issue.
Alternately, download and install SoftPaq (38130) by following the steps below.
- Open a web browser and go to www.hp.com .
- Type SP38130 in the Search field, and then press enter .
- Download and install SoftPaq (SP38130) or later.
- When prompted, click Run to install the update immediately, or click Save to download the file and install it later.
- Follow the security prompts and allow the operation to continue.
If prompted, allow the PC to restart.