Motherboard Specifications, MCP73M01H1 (Napa)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: Foxconn MCP73M01H1
- HP/Compaq name: Napa-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- GeForce 7100/nForce 630i
- 800/1066/1333 MHz (processor dependent)
Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale) E8xxx
- Core 2 Duo E6xxx (Conroe) up to E6850
- Pentium E2xxx series (Conroe) with Dual Core technology up to E2160
- Core 2 Duo E4xxx (Conroe)
- Celeron 4xx series (Conroe) up to Celeron 450
- Single channel memory architecture
- Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs (using two 2 GB DIMMs)
- 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using GeForce 7100
- One VGA port on backplate
- One DVI port on backplate
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201CL
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Two PCI Express x1
- One PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - SPDIF coaxial out
3 - SPDIF coaxial in
4 - Video Graphics Adapter
5 - IEEE 1394 port
6 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
7 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer
8 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out
9 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
10 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
11 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
12 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
13 - USB 2.0: 4
14 - DVI
15 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connectors
- Four SATA connectors
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF digital audio output header
- One Line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Four USB headers supporting 6 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One 1394a header
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If the BIOS password has been forgotten, disable password checking to enter setup and change or erase the password.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled PSWD.
- Move the jumper on jumper PSWD to pins 1-2.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.