Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM
- HP/Compaq name: Nettle3-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2+
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Phenom with Quad Core (Agena) technology (AM2+) up to 9600 (up to 95 watt TDP)
- Athlon64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 5600+ (up to 89 watt TDP)
- Athlon64 less than 4000+
- Sempron less than 3800+
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 8 GB on 64 bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs
- 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- 8 channel high-definition audio
- Audio CODEC: ALC888S
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Two PCI Express x1
- One PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - SPDIF coaxial out
3 - Video Graphics Adapter
4 - IEEE 1394 port
5 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
8 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
9 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
10 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
11 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
12 - USB 2.0: 4
13 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Four SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF digital audio output header
- One front line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Four USB headers supporting 6 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One 1394a header
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (not used by HP)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLR_PWD. The jumper is found near the DIMM slots and SATA connectors.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLR_PWD to pins 2-3.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 1-2.