HP Photosmart D7560 Printer support
Printing Directly onto a Printable CD or DVD in HP Solution Center
Use HP Solution Center to print directly onto a printable CD or DVD from a computer running Windows.
NOTE:For better results, record the data on to the CD or DVD before printing the label on it. Make sure that you have aligned the ink cartridges, and use printable CDs or DVDs.
Printing directly onto a printable CD or DVD in HP Solution Center
Follow these steps to print directly onto a printable CD or DVD in HP Solution Center.
Step one: Load the CD or DVD
- Turn on the product.
- Place it at least 75 mm (3 inches) away from the wall.NOTE:The CD/DVD holder might protrude about 75 mm (3 inches) at the back of the product.
- Carefully remove the CD/DVD holder from below the main input tray.
- Securely snap the CD/DVD onto the CD/DVD holder with the printable side up. Place the CD/DVD on the ring with the arrows.NOTE:If you have a smaller-sized CD/DVD, flip the CD/DVD holder ring over it.
- Locate the CD/DVD access door just below the control panel, and then lower the door to access the CD/DVD tray.
- Push the CD/DVD holder into the CD/DVD tray. Push the CD/DVD holder until the lines on the CD/DVD holder line up to the white lines on the CD/DVD tray access door.
- Press the OK button. The CD-printing software starts automatically.
- If the software opens automatically , skip to Step three in this document to modify the label.
- If the software does not open automatically , continue to the next step to open it manually.
Step two: Open the CD-printing software
- Depending on the operating system, use one of these methods to open HP Solution Center.
- Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , select HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Windows Vista: On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , select HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- If necessary, select your product in the HP Solution Center.
Step three: Modify and print the CD/DVD label
- Click Print on CD/DVD . The Create Disc Label window opens.
- Under Print directly on Disc , double-click Standard CD or Mini CD , depending on the type of CD or DVD loaded in the product.
- Double-click a label design to select it.NOTE:You cannot modify the templates.
- To select an image or images to print on the disc, click the image, and then click Add Photos . The Select Photos window opens.NOTE:You must first load the photographs to the HP Photosmart Library. Click Return to LIbrary to go to the library and load photos.
- Select the desired photograph from the library, and then click Add These Photos .
- Edit the disc label as necessary. Click Create .NOTE:The product only prints the portion of the photograph visible in the CV/DVD template on the screen. Use the mouse to adjust the placement of the photograph by clicking the photograph with the mouse and moving it. Use the Zoom Photo tool to resize the photograph on the CD template.
- Set the Media Type according to the CD or DVD you loaded in the product.
- Click Print to begin printing.
Step four: Remove the disc and the CD/DVD Holder
- When the product finishes printing, remove the CD/DVD holder from the tray.
- Close the CD/DVD tray.
- Remove the disc from the holder.CAUTION:Do not touch the printed surface while removing the disc from the media holder.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum