HP TouchSmart IQ507jp Desktop PC support
Using CyberLink YouCam to Capture and Edit Videos
This document pertains to HP IQ500 and IQ800 Series TouchSmart PCs.
About the webcam
The HP TouchSmart computer comes with a built-in webcam and array microphones. The webcam is located at the top center of the display, and the microphones are located on each side of the camera. The optimal distance for recording sound with the array microphone is about one-half meter (2 feet) away from the HP TouchSmart computer. When the webcam is active, a light can be seen just to the left of it.
Start the webcam
To start the webcam:
Create a snapshot
To create a webcam snapshot:
- Click the Snapshot button , in the CyberLink YouCam window.Each time you click the button, you hear a camera shutter sound effect and a thumbnail photo appears in the right column of the CyberLink YouCam window.
- Double-click a thumbnail to open a window to view the desired snapshot.
Create a video
To create a webcam video:
- Click the Capture button , in the CyberLink YouCam window.The video continues to record until you click the Capture button again.The CyberLink YouCam window opens showing a thumbnail of the first frame of the video in the right column of the window.
- Double-click on the video thumbnail to open a window of the captured video.
- Click the Play button in the window that appears.
Find your videos and snapshots
To find the default location of your snapshots and videos:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click Computer.
- Double-click the C: drive, Users, HP, Documents, and then YouCam.This is the location of the snapshots and videos.
- Double-click on the video or snapshot of your choice.
- Double-clicking a snapshot file opens Windows Photo Gallery by default.
- Double-clicking a Capture (video) file launches Windows Media Player by default.