Fatal Error 'Error 1305. Error reading from file
verify the file exists and that you can access it.' (MSI Error 1305) Message Displays During Software Installation in Windows
During installation of the HP software, the following error message displays on the computer: 'Error 1305. Error reading from file <FILE PATH AND NAME> verify the file exists and that you can access it.'
Follow these steps to download the software from the HP website, and then install the software on your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Go , and then click Drivers .
- Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next .
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.