Fatal Error 'Error 1305. Error reading from file
verify the file exists and that you can access it.' (MSI Error 1305) Message Displays During Software Installation in Windows
During installation of the HP software, the following error message displays on the computer: 'Error 1305. Error reading from file <FILE PATH AND NAME> verify the file exists and that you can access it.'
Follow these steps to download the software from the HP website, and then install the software on your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads .
- If the Welcome to HP Support page opens, follow these steps:
- Type your printer model number.
- Click Go.You might need to select your printer model number from a list of similar printer models.
- Select your operating system, and then click Next.A list of drivers and other downloads display.
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver - Product Installation Software.
- Click Download next to the full feature or solution software and driver listed, and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.