HP Color LaserJet CP1515n Printer support
Replacing Cartridges for HP Color LaserJet CP1215, CP1217, CP1514n, CP1515n, and CP1518ni Printers
This document is for the HP Color LaserJet CP1215, CP1217, CP1514n, CP1515n, and CP1518ni Printers.
This document contains steps to make sure that the new print cartridge is compatible with your HP product, and to replace an old print cartridge with the new one.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
|Region||Black cartridge||Cyan cartridge||Magenta cartridge||Yellow cartridge|
Middle East and Africa
|HP 125A Black||HP 125A Cyan||HP 125A Magenta||HP 125A Yellow|
|Asia Pacific||HP CB540A Black||HP CB541A Cyan||HP CB543A Magenta||HP CB542A Yellow|
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Replacing print cartridges
Follow these steps to replace a print cartridge.
Step one: Check print cartridge compatibility
Before unpacking a new print cartridge, check the following table to make sure that the new print cartridge is compatible with your HP product.
Compare the number from the table with the part number on the print cartridge package.
|Black cartridge||Cyan cartridge||Yellow cartridge||Magenta cartridge|
|HP CB540A||HP CB541A||HP CB542A||HP CB543A|
Step two: Replace the print cartridge
You can watch a video or follow the steps to replace the print cartridge.
Video of replacing the print cartridge
The product shown in the following video might look slightly different from your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
- Open the front access door.
- Press the blue handle on the print cartridge drawer to release it, and then pull the drawer out.
- Grasp the center of the old print cartridge, and then pull it straight up to remove it.
- To open the box that contains the new print cartridge, pull down on the red tab on the side of the box.
- Remove the package from the box, and then remove the new print cartridge from its packaging.
- Remove the orange, plastic shield from the bottom of the new print cartridge. Do not remove the protective tape from the print cartridge.
- Hold the print cartridge so that the imaging drum faces the bottom of the print cartridge drawer, and then insert the print cartridge into the correct slot.
TIP: Look for color-coded icons on the print cartridge slots to insert the print cartridge in the correct slot.
- Pull the tab on the left side of the print cartridge straight up to completely remove the protective tape. Discard the protective tape.
- Repeat these steps for each print cartridge that you need to replace, making sure that you insert the print cartridge in its correct slot.
- Close the print cartridge drawer.
- Close the front access door.The product control panel displays the message 'Initializing' while the product prepares the new print cartridges.NOTE:You can recycle the old print cartridge by placing it in the box in which HP shipped the replacement, and then following the recycling instructions in the box.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum