Installing a Wall Mount Adapter for a VESA Wall Mount in HP TouchSmart IQ800 Series Desktop PCs
A wall mount adapter bracket replaces the stand so the computer can be mounted on the wall. The wall mount adapter kit contains the following:
Before you begin
- A VESA wall mount assembly (sold separately) and this wall mount adapter (sold separately) are required. Both assemblies are needed to mount the computer to a wall. When purchasing a VESA wall mount assembly, use a VESA standard 200 mm x 100 mm hole pattern designed for flat-panel displays ranging in size from 584 mm (23 inch) to 786 mm (30.9 inch) diagonal, and weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb).
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all cables.
- Transfer the computer to a clean, flat, stable work surface over a noncarpeted floor. HP recommends that you put down a blanket, towel, or other soft cloth to protect the screen from scratches or other damage.
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can damage your processor, disk drives, expansion boards and other components. HP strongly recommends the use of an antistatic wrist strap and a conductive foam pad when working on the computer.
- Do not remove a component from its protective packaging until you are ready to install it.
CAUTION:This product contains components that can be damaged by electrostatic discharge (ESD). To reduce the chance of ESD damage, work over a noncarpeted floor, use a static dissipative work surface (such as a conductive foam pad), and wear an ESD wrist strap connected to a grounded surface.
View the following video before using the steps in this article.
NOTE:For best quality on dial-up connections, wait until the video has fully loaded before viewing.
NOTE:This video is based on an early version of the wall mount adapter. A new version of the video will be provided soon.
Preparing the computer
WARNING:Make sure the computer is disconnected from power before starting.
Remove the wireless keyboard and mouse receiver, the memory cover, the stand, and the back cover.
NOTE:When removing the stand, set aside the four stand screws to use for attaching the wall mount bracket to the back of the computer.
For information about removing these items, see Removing the Back Cover .
Remove the three screws that attach the leg to the computer.
Pull both legs off the unit.
To replace the back cover, lower it onto the computer aligning the hooks on the back cover with the tabs on the computer.
Press along the edges of the cover to snap it into place.
Replace the 13 screws for the back cover.
To replace the side panels, find the flat tab at the top...
|...and the three sets of paired tabs.|
On the back cover, find the single tab slot...
|...and the slots for the three pairs of tabs...|
|...and align the top tab into its slot. Then press the rest of the tabs into place.|
Snap the I/O cable guide back into place.
Replace the I/O cover.
Press the two leg inserts...
|...into the holes where the computer legs were removed.|
Attaching the wall mount base and top bracket
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum