HP Officejet J5750 All-in-One Printer support
'Error: LCD List needs to be upgraded' Message Displays on the Computer in Windows during Scanning
When you try to scan using the printer control panel, the message 'Error: LCD List needs to be upgraded ' displays on the computer. The 'LCD list' is the list of potential scan destinations that displays on the printer.
The solution to this issue is to re-establish the connection between the computer and the printer, and then set up the scan destination list again, if necessary. Try the following solutions in the order presented. The solutions include restarting your computer, so consider bookmarking this page in your Web browser , so that you can easily return to it.
Solution one: Restart and reset
Follow these steps to restart your computer and reset the printer.
- Restart your computer.
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
- If the printer does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Wait a couple of minutes to make sure that the printer is ready, and then try scanning again from the printer control panel.If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.
Solution two: Make sure that the Digital Imaging Monitor (DIM) is running
- Find the DIM icon ( ) in the notification area in the lower-right corner of the computer. You might have to click the Left arrow to expand the notification area.
- If the DIM icon is present , continue to the solution to set up the destination list .
- If the DIM icon is not present , continue to the next step in this procedure.
- On your computer keyboard, press the Ctrl , Shift , and Esc keys at the same time. The Task Manager window opens.
- Click the Processes tab, and then select the Show processes from all users check box.
- Under Image Name , check whether hpqtra08 and hpqste08 services are running.
- If the services are running , close the Task Manager window. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the services are not running , close the Task Manager window and continue to the next step in this procedure.
- Open the Bin folder.
- Click Start ( ), and then click Run .
- Type C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin in the Run box, and then click OK . The Bin folder opens.
- Click the Windows icon ( ).
- Type C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin in the Start Search box, and then press Enter . The Bin folder opens.
- Click the Windows icon ( ).
- Type C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin in the Search programs and files box, and then press Enter . The Bin folder opens.
- Double-click the hpqtra08.exe file.
- When prompted, click Yes to restart the computer.
- Wait a couple of minutes to make sure that the printer is ready, and then try scanning again from the printer control panelIf the issue persists, continue to the next solution.
Solution three: Set up the destination list
You must set up a list of potential scan destinations in order to start scans from the printer. Follow these steps to fill out the destination list using the HP printer software that you have: HP Solution Center or HP Director.
Important : HP Solution Center and HP Director software versions vary, depending on the age of your printer, and whether you installed updated software after the initial setup. For specific instructions on all the settings the software offers, click the Help button on the home screen or settings screens in HP Solution Center or HP Director.
- Open the HP printer software:Click Start ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center or HP Director .Click the Windows icon ( ), click Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center or HP Director .Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center or HP Director .The HP printer software opens.
- Configure the software:
If an 'Invalid Front panel list ' message displays on the computer, click OK .
- Click Settings , and then click Scan Settings .
- Depending on your software version, click the option available to you:
- Front Panel Scan Button Settings
- Scan to... Setup
- Button settings
- Click Settings , and then click Scan Settings & Preferences .
- Click Scan to... Setup .
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to create a scan destinations list.If the scan destination list already displays in the right column, refresh the scan list by moving the list items to the source (left) column and then back to the destination column.
- Turn off the computer.
- Turn off the printer, and then turn it on again.
- Turn on the computer.
- Wait for the Digital Imaging Monitor to become ready.
- Try scanning again from the printer control panel.
This issue might occur when new software is installed and the scan destination list is not updated.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum