HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One Printer support
Replacement Product Instructions
When HP replaces your defective product, some accessories or parts need to be transferred from the defective product to the replacement product.
- Some optional accessories might not be included with your product model.
- Keep any optional accessories that you bought separately.
- Prior to replacing or disposing of your defective unit, follow these instructions to ensure the right accessories are removed.a) Print cartridges . Make sure that the unit is plugged in and turned on before removing the print cartridges.NOTE:If the cartridges are not going to be inserted in the replacement product immediately, please store them at room temperature inside a rigid sealed plastic container. Store the color cartridge with the nozzles DOWN and the black cartridge with the nozzles UP . This will help prevent ink from drying out.
Then, unplug the unit and keep the following accessories:b) Phone handset and bracket , and phone cable (Only for Officejet J4660 All-in-One ) .c) Printer input trayThe image below shows how to remove the input tray:d) Power modulee) Power cordf) USB cordg) Fax cableh) User Manuals and CDs
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on an ink cartridge to release it. Pull the ink cartridge out of its slot.
- Repeat the Step 2 for the other ink cartridge and close the front access door.
- Transfer the accessories mentioned above from your defective unit to the replacement product.
- Apply power to the replacement product and test all the product functions.
- For additional support information for your HP product, please visit www.hp.com/support .