System Recovery May Fail and Display Error Message If Wireless Button is Turned Off Prior to Performing Recovery
This document pertains to HP Pavilion dv4-1000, dv4-1100, dv7-1000, dv7-1100, dv5-1000, dv5-1100, tx2000, tx2500, tx2600, dv9900 and CQ45-100, CQ45-200 Notebook PC series.
Understanding the error message that displays if system recovery fails because wireless button is turned off prior to performing recovery
The notebook PC may not perform a system recovery, displaying an error message:
Error Message: The recovery attempt has failed. Please select one of the following buttons
Resolving system recovery failure
To resolve this issue, perform the following:
Before performing a system recovery, please ensure the wireless device is turned on by pressing the wireless button on the notebook PC. The wireless LED should be lit.
If a system recovery was performed with wireless off, please perform the following:
- Press the wireless button to turn on the wireless switch.
- Reboot the notebook PC.
- Press F11 to boot from the Recovery Manager.
- Click Next when Welcome to Recovery Manager displays.
- Select No and then click Next when Microsoft System Restore displays.
- Click Yes and then click Next when System Recovery displays.
- Select the appropriate item (backup file or not) and then click Next when Recovery your computer to original factory condition displays.
- Allow the system recovery to complete.