The message 'Order Supplies' or 'Replace Supplies' displays on the computer too soon. The print cartridges still contain toner, and do not require replacement yet.
To resolve the issue, HP has provided the following:
- Firmware update : A firmware update prevents the issue from recurring with your next new print cartridge.
- Workaround : A workaround resolves the premature messages that are displaying for your current print cartridge.
HP recommends that you install the firmware update, and then use the workaround until the next time you install a new print cartridge.
Step one: Install firmware update
Follow these steps to download and install the firmware update from the HP Web site.
NOTE:The new firmware does not “fix” the state of an installed cartridge if messages about supplies are already displaying on the computer. The new firmware prevents future premature messages after you install new print cartridges.
- Bookmark this page or take note of the following steps, and then click here to go to the Software & Drivers download page on the HP Web site .
- Click your operating system. A list of compatible software and drivers displays.
- In the Firmware section , click HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series Printer Firmware Update Utility .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Step two: Workaround
Follow the instructions for the message that displays on your computer.
'Order Supplies' message
Ignore this message and continue printing. When the message changes to 'Replace Supplies,' follow the steps for that message.
'Replace Supplies' message
Use the following steps to turn on the Auto continue feature in HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series ToolboxFX. This suppresses the message and allows you to continue printing.
NOTE:ToolboxFX is part of the product software that installed on your computer.
- Open ToolboxFX:
- Windows XP : On the Windows taskbar, click Start , click All Programs , click HP , click HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series , and then click HP ToolboxFX .
- Windows Vista : On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series , and then click HP ToolboxFX .
- Click the Device Settings folder, and then click System Setup .
- Next to Auto continue , select On to turn on the feature.NOTE:Select Off to turn off the feature if desired later.
When you notice that the quality of your printouts is diminishing, replace the appropriate print cartridge. When you replace the print cartridge with a new supply, you can set the Auto continue feature to On or Off according to your preference.