HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer - A809a support
Replacing Cartridges for HP Officejet Pro 8000 and 8000 Wireless Printers
This document is for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 and 8000 Wireless Printers.
This document provides information on how to replace cartridges.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Video of replacing cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to install and replace ink cartridges and printheads.
NOTE:The video shows the HP Officejet Pro 8000. The outside of the product might not look the same as your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video, or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace an cartridge.
- Gently pull open the cartridge cover.
- Remove the cartridge that requires replacement. To do this, grasp it between your thumb and forefinger and pull it firmly toward you.
- Remove the new cartridge from its package.
- Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and insert the cartridge into the slot. Press down firmly on the cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each cartridge that requires replacement and then close the cartridge cover.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Officejet Pro 8000 (A809a), Special Edition (A809c and A809d), and 8000 Wireless (A809n) Printers -- Replacing the Printheads