This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
Setting up the product parts includes the following steps:
- Attach the ADF tray extension
- Attach the front panel cover
- Load paper
- Connect the phone cord and power cord
- Insert and align the cartridges
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Attach the ADF tray extension
Slide the automatic document feeder (ADF) tray extension into the top of the product. Match the gray tabs with the black slots.
Step two: Attach the front panel cover
Step three: Load paper
- Remove the output tray.
- Slide out the paper-length and paper-width guides.
- Load clean, white, unused paper, and then adjust the paper guides snugly against the paper.
- Pull out the tray extension.
Step four: Connect the phone cord and power cord
Step five: Insert and align the cartridges
- Lift up the carriage door until it catches. Wait for the carriage that holds the cartridges to move to the center.
- Remove any packing material from inside the product.
- Lift the blue and gray cartridge latches.
- Remove the cartridges from their packaging, and then remove the bright pink tape from each cartridge.CAUTION:Do not touch the gold-colored contacts or retape the cartridges.
- With the label on top, slide each cartridge into the carriage.Insert cartridgeInsert cartridge into slot
- Insert the color cartridge into the left (blue) slot.
- Insert the black cartridge into the right (gray) slot.
- Close each latch, pressing down until the latch catches below the bottom tabs.
- Close the carriage door, and then press Enter on the front panel to begin alignment.After a page prints, alignment is complete. Discard or recycle the alignment page.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Windows XP:||Installing the Product Software in Windows XP for a USB Cable Connection (c02283843) (in English)|
|Windows Vista:||Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista Operating System (c00808543) (in English)|
|Macintosh OS X:||Installing the Product Software in Mac OS X for a USB Cable Connection (c02282571) (in English)|