HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet 6500 (E709a) and 6500 Wireless (E709n) All-in-One Printer Series
This document is for the HP Officejet 6500 and 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer Series.
You can check ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level shows an estimate of the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
Method one: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
- Open HP Solution Center:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Click Settings ().
- In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Estimated Ink Level tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method two: Check the ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report
- Press the Setup button () on the product control panel repeatedly until Print Report displays, and then press OK.
- Press the Right Arrow button () to select Printer Status Report, and then press OK. The Printer Status Report prints.
- Examine the ink-level indicators in the Ink Delivery System Information section of the report.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.
Which cartridges you use might depend on your country/region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
The printing mechanism for this product involves a printhead and four cartridges. Review the following tables for printheads and cartridges that are compatible with your product. The printhead is only available in a kit containing the printhead and cartridges.
*Some cartridges provide more page yield than others. Click here for more information about page yields.
Other solutions customers found helpful
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum