HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a support
Checking Ink Levels
You can check ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level shows an estimate of the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
Method one: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
- Open HP Solution Center:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
- Click Settings ( ).
- In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Estimated Ink Level tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method two: Check the ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report
- Press the Setup button ( ) on the product control panel repeatedly until Print Report displays, and then press OK .
- Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Printer Status Report , and then press OK . The Printer Status Report prints.
- Examine the ink-level indicators in the Ink Delivery System Information section of the report.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum