HP Update scans your computer to ensure that you have the latest version of all essential software, including security and virus software.
Some users have reported issues with HP Update such as hanging when trying to install updates, updates not being installed, and messages alerting you to install an update that you have already installed. These are known issues, and can be corrected by installing a new version of HP Update.
NOTE:You must uninstall the current version of HP Update before installing a new version.
Uninstalling HP Update
To uninstall HP Update, follow this procedure.
- Click Start , Control Panel , and then click Uninstall a program under Programs .
- Select HP Update and then click Uninstall .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall HP Update.
Once you have completely uninstalled HP Update, you can reinstall it.
Installing HP Update
To install HP Update from the Internet, follow this procedure.
- Click Support & Drivers at the top of the page.
- Select Download drivers and software (and firmware) .
- Enter your product name or number, and click Go . If you are unsure about your product information, you can click Start detection to automatically detect your product name and number.
- Click your operating system under Select operating system .
- Under Software - Internet Access , find HP Update and HP Software Update - Critical Security Update .
- Click Download .
- Click Run and then click Run again when prompted.
- Follow the instructions to install the latest version of HP Update.
Download and install HP Update directly from hp.com
Clicking the links below will open the installation window for the file.