HP Deskjet F4440 All-in-One Printer support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet 4400 (K410a), HP Deskjet Ink Advantage (K109a), and HP Deskjet F4400 and F4500 All-in-One Printer Series
You can check ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level indicators show an estimate of the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
Method one: Check the ink levels from the HP All-in-One control panel
Examine the ink gauge on the control panel, near the control panel display.
Method two: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
- Open HP Solution Center:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Click Settings ().
- In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.The colored bars represent the estimated ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method three: Check the ink-level indicators on the extended self-test report
- Press and hold the Power button () and the Cancel button () for 10 seconds. The extended self-test report prints.
- Examine the ink-level indicators near the middle of the report.
Example of ink-level indicators showing full cartridges Example of ink-level indicators showing cartridges with less inkThe colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum