HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One Printer support
Printer Becomes Unresponsive
After a period of inactivity, the product does not respond when you press any buttons on the control panel.
Solution: Download the firmware update from the HP Web site
NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR THE SIMILARLY NUMBERED PRINTER MODEL OFFICEJET 4500.
HP has an update available to resolve this issue. Before you start, make sure that:
- The product is on.
- The HP software is running on the computer.
- No error messages display on the product.
- The product is idle.NOTE:Do not interrupt the update once it starts.
Follow these steps to download, and then install the control panel firmware update from the HP Web site.
- Right-click the following link, Select Software and Drivers , and then click Open in New Window .
- If prompted, type your product number in the dialog box, and then click Next .
- If prompted, select your product from the list of similar products provided.
- Click your operating system. The Select Software and Drivers page displays.
- In the Firmware section of the table, click one of the following based on your product and operating system.
The Critical Update To Prevent an Unresponsive State page displays.
- HP Photosmart C4400 All-in-One Printer Series
- Windows XP and Vista: click Critical Update to Prevent an Unresponsive State
- Mac OS X 10.4 and later: click Critical Update to Prevent an Unresponsive State
- HP Photosmart C4500 All-in-One Printer Series
- Windows XP and Vista: click Critical Update to Prevent an Unresponsive State and Prevents Error State When Connecting to a Network
- Mac OS X 10.4 and later: click Critical Firmware Update to Prevent an Unresponsive State and Enable Network Connect
- Click Download Only . A download dialog box displays.
- Click one of the following based on your operating system:
The software downloads to your computer and installation begins.
- Windows XP and Vista: Run
- Max OS X 10.4 and later: Open
- Follow the instructions displayed on your computer to complete the update installation.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Get answers on HP’s peer to peer support forum