The message 'Paper jam ' displays on the computer.
The following symptoms might also accompany this error:
Follow these steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.
Step one: Remove any loose paper
Remove any loose sheets of paper from the input tray and the output tray.
CAUTION:Do not remove jammed paper at this stage. Trying to clear jammed paper from the front of the product can damage the print mechanism.
Step two: Clear the paper jam from the rear of the printer
- Press the power button ( ) to turn off the product.
- Release the rear access door by pressing the handle at the end of the door opposite the power cord, and then pull the door out.
- Carefully remove any jammed paper from the back of the product.
- Reinsert the rear door, and make sure it snaps into place.
Step three: Open the cartridge door and clear the jam
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and from the back of the product.
- Open the cartridge door.
- Gently remove all jammed paper.CAUTION:Remove the jammed paper carefully. Incorrectly removing paper from the front of the product can damage the printing mechanism.
- Make sure that no scraps of paper remain between the rollers.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet and into the back of the product.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Press the Resume button ( ).