This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Check the contents of the box
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Turn on power
- Select the language/region
- Install the cartridges
- Load plain paper
- Align the cartridges
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect a USB cable now. If you plan to use a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Connect the power cord and adapter
Step four: Turn on power
Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
NOTE:Pay attention to the helpful messages on the control panel display screen during the setup process.
Step five: Select the language/region
- Press the colored buttons to the left of the display to select the up arrow ( ) or down arrow ( ) icons on the display until your language is selected.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Press the colored buttons to the left of the display to select the up arrow ( ) or down arrow ( ) icons on the display until your country/region is selected.
- Press OK to confirm.
Step six: Install the cartridges
- Make sure the product is turned on and then open the cartridge door.The carriage moves to the right side of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging and carefully remove the plastic tape using the pink pull tab. Hold the cartridge so that the copper strip is on the bottom and facing toward the product.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Hold the cartridge with the HP logo on top, and insert the new cartridge into the empty cartridge slot.
- If installing the tri-color cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
- If installing a black, photo, or gray photo cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Push the cartridge firmly into the slot until it snaps into place.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Press OK to confirm the cartridge installation.
Step seven: Load plain paper
- Pull out the tray extender.
- Slide the paper-width guide to its outermost position.
- Insert the stack of paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the print side down. Slide the stack of paper forward until it stops.NOTE:Make sure all the paper in the stack is the same size and type and free of rips, dust, wrinkles, and curled or bent edges.CAUTION:Make sure that the product is idle and silent when paper is loaded into the input tray. If the product is servicing the cartridges or otherwise engaged in a task, the paper stop inside the device might not be in place. The paper could be pushed too far forward, causing the product to eject blank pages.
- Slide the paper-width guide inward until it stops at the edge of the paper.Do not overload the input tray; make sure the stack of paper fits within the input tray and is no higher than the top of the paper-width guide.
- Press OK .
Step eight: Align the cartridges
- Follow the instructions on the control panel display screen to print an alignment page.The product prints an alignment page.
- Place the alignment page print-side down on the right front corner of the glass.
- Press OK .When the On button stops flashing, the alignment is complete. Remove the page and recycle or discard it.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system.
CAUTION:For USB connections, do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Wireless Network Connection|
|Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless Network (c02283937) (in English)|