This document contains steps for installing replacement cartridges in your HP product. Before you perform the following steps, make sure the replacement cartridge is compatible with your product. Use the following table for reference.
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges in the product.
Step one: Open the product
Step two: Replace the old cartridge
- Press in the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull it out and up to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not lift the gray latch next to the carriage to install the cartridges. This will result in incorrectly seated cartridges and the product will not function correctly. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- On the replacement cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counterclockwise to snap it off the cartridge.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the correct slot. The color-coded icons on the cartridge and in the printhead indicate the correct slot.
- Press down on the cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge that you want to replace.
- Close the top cover. The carriage moves to the right side of the product.
Step three: Align the printer
If the printer alignment does not start automatically, follow these steps to align the printer.
- Load plain, white paper in the product.
- On the product control panel, press and hold the Power button ( ).
- While holding the Power button ( ), press the Resume button ( ) three times, and then release the Power button ( ).
- The product prints an alignment page. Recycle or discard the test page.