This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Step one: Replace the cartridges
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the product is idle and silent before continuing.
- Lower the paper tray.
- Lift out the paper tray extension
- Load unused, plain, white paper in the paper tray, and then slide the paper width guide snugly against the paper.
- Open the front access door.The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
- Lightly press down on a cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then carefully remove the plastic tape using the pink pull tab.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the product, and then insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place. Make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the slot on the left.
- Insert the black cartridge in the slot on the right.
- Close the front access door. An alignment page prints automatically. Wait until the page prints before continuing.
Step two: Align the cartridges
- Lift the product lid.
- Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
- Lower the product lid.
- Press Start Copy Color to start the alignment.
- When the cartridge alignment is complete, recycle or discard the alignment page.