HP Photosmart 7350 Printer support
Installing an Alternate Print Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection
At this time, a full feature Windows 7 driver solution is not available for your product.
However, a compatible print driver solution for your product is included with the Windows 7 operating system. There is no need to download any additional software.
Follow the steps in this document to identify the print driver that is compatible with the product, install the driver, and then configure it in Windows 7. When this driver is installed, you can use the basic product functions.
Install and configure a compatible driver
Follow these steps to install and configure the driver that is compatible with the product.
Step one: Determine the appropriate compatible driver
Use the following list to find the driver that is compatible with your product.
Table of compatible drivers
|Deskjet 3320, 3325, 3420 and 3520||Deskjet 3600 *|
|Photosmart 7560, 7565, 7600 and 7660||Deskjet 5600|
|Deskjet 5850||Deskjet 5600|
|Photosmart 130, 145, 230, 240 and 245||Photosmart 330 *|
|Photosmart 7150, 7350, 7355 and 7550||Deskjet 5550|
|Photosmart 7760 and 7960||Deskjet 5600|
|Deskjet 6122 and 6127||Deskjet 990c *|
|Deskjet 3820||Deskjet 970cse *|
|Deskjet 656||Deskjet 660c *|
|Business Inkjet 1100d||Business Inkjet 1000|
|Business Inkjet 1100dtn||Business Inkjet 1000|
|Deskjet 9300||Deskjet 1220c *|
|Deskjet 9650, 9670, 9680, 9680gp||Deskjet 9800|
* Available only through Windows Update.
Step two: Install the driver
Follow these steps to install the compatible driver in Windows 7.
- Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
- From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon (), and then click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.
- Click Add a printer. The Add Printer window opens.
- Click Add a local printer.
- Click Use an existing port.
- Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port), and then click Next.
- Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP.
- Under Printers, select the appropriate alternate driver for the product (listed in the table in the previous step), and then click Next.NOTE:The alternate HP driver for your product might not be currently installed on your computer, but it is available through Windows Update. Click the Windows Update button to select additional print drivers. Select the alternate driver for your product, and then click Next. You must connect to the Internet before using Windows Update.
- In the Printer name text box, type the product name and then click Next. The print driver starts the installation process.NOTE:The name of the alternate driver displays in the window as the default name. If you prefer, you can change the name of your product. This step is optional.When the installation is complete, a message displays on the computer stating that the product was added successfully.
- In the message window, click Finished.
- Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens.
- Click Close () to close the window.
Step three: Configure the driver
Follow these steps to configure the installed driver.
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click the name of the product and then click Printer Properties. The Printer Properties window opens.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Click the drop down menu, and then change the port from LPT1 to USB or DOT4.NOTE:If there is more than one USB/DOT4 port available, select the USB/DOT4 port with the highest port number. To see the full port name, widen the ports row in the Properties dialog box by placing the cursor over the vertical line between Port and Description, and then click and hold the mouse button. Move the mouse to the right until the port name is visible.
- Click OK.
Step four: Update the Device Manager
- From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon (), right-click Computer, and then click Manage. The Computer Management window opens.
- Click Device Manager in the left pane of the Computer Management window under System Tools. A list of installed devices displays in the right pane of the Computer Management window.
- Right-click your product in the Other devices list, and then click Update Driver Software. A dialog box opens to locate the driver software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, and then click Next. The Add Printer Wizard opens.
- Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP.
- Under Printers, select the alternate driver for the product (listed in the table in the step to Determine the appropriate compatible driver), and then click Next. An Update Driver Warning window opens.
- Click Yes to continue the driver installation.
- Click Close when the 'Windows has successfully updated your driver software' message displays.
NOTE:After you install the alternate printer driver, Device Manager lists the name of the alternate printer driver in the Printers section. The actual model name of your product is listed in the Devices and Printers section of the Windows Control Panel.
Step five: Print a test page
- In the Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
- Click Print Test Page.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Select a topic below to learn more about the functionality of the in-OS driver.
Although your HP product essentially functions the same with the alternate driver, you might notice some differences. Following is a summary of the differences in functionality with this driver.
Note the following limited functionalities with an alternate driver:
- No access to HP Solution Center. You will not have access to HP Solution Center (). However, see the workarounds at the end of this document for ways to accomplish tasks as you did before.
- Limited functionality in HP Toolbox. You can still access the HP Toolbox () with the alternate driver. However, the HP Toolbox functionality is limited. For example, you are unable to check estimated ink levels. See the workarounds at the end of this document for ways to accomplish some common HP Toolbox tasks.
- Importing and viewing images on a memory card. If your product has a memory card slot, you can use the workaround at the end of this document to import and view images on a memory card.
- Limited button functionality. If your HP product has buttons on the front panel, some of the buttons will not function as before. Following are examples of buttons that function and buttons that do not function with the alternate driver:
These buttons will still function* Power button () Menu button () Resume button () Cancel button () Print Photos button () This button will not function* Photosmart Essentials button () *These lists are not comprehensive.
Use the following workarounds to gain Solution Center and Toolbox functionality in the in-OS driver.
Use the following HP Solution Center workarounds when you install the product with the driver in Windows 7.
|HP Solution Center|
|Limited access to the HP Toolbox||From the program you are using to print: |
|Printer Settings||From the program you are using to print: |
Use the following HP Toolbox workarounds when you install the product using the driver in Windows 7.
|Printing a self-test page||For products with buttons on the control panel (the front of the printer), you can print a self-test page using those buttons.|
|Cleaning the cartridges or printheads||None|
|Checking estimated ink levels|
|Aligning the cartridges||None|
You can still check ink levels with an alternate driver. To do so, print a self-test page from your HP product, and the ink levels will display on the printed page.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Use these steps to print from a software program.
- Open the document to be printed in the software application in which it was created.
- Click File, and then click Print.
Video of printing in Windows 7
Watch the following video for a demonstration of printing from a software program with Windows 7 operating system.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
If your product has a memory card slot, follow these steps to access images on a memory card.
- Insert the memory card into the appropriate memory card slot on the product.NOTE:If the memory card is already inserted, remove it, and then reinsert it.
- On the Autoplay window that opens, click Import Pictures, View Pictures, or Open folder to view files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Video of importing and viewing images on a memory card
The following video demonstrates how to import and view images on a memory card in Windows 7.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum