HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer - B109a support
Replacing Ink Cartridges
This document contains steps for installing replacement cartridges.
Follow these steps in the order presented to replace the cartridges.
CAUTION: Do not leave the cartridge outside the product for an extended period. This can result in damage to the product and the cartridge. Have a new cartridge available before removing the old cartridge.
Step one: Remove the old cartridges
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage becomes idle and silent before continuing.
- Press the tab on the front of the cartridge to release the old cartridge, and then remove it from the slot.
Step two: Install the new cartridges
- Twist the orange cap counterclockwise to snap it off.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the empty slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.CAUTION:Do not lift the latch next to the carriage to install the cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated cartridges and printing issues. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge you replace.
- Close the cartridge door. The carriage moves back to the side of the product.
Step three: Load plain paper
Follow these steps to load plain paper into your product. If you already loaded plain paper in the product, skip to the next step.
Step five: Align the product
- When prompted after loading the paper, touch OK on the control panel to print an alignment page. The product prints an alignment page.
- Open the lid, and then place the printed alignment page face down on the scanner glass.
- Align the top of the page with the lower right corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the lid.
- Touch OK. The product scans the alignment page, completing the alignment.
Other solutions customers found helpful
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum