HP offers a wide variety of products that print from a Bluetooth-enabled camera phone. This document provides steps to configure a Bluetooth-enabled camera phone to print to a Bluetooth-capable HP printer.
NOTE:The steps in this document are general and work for most makes and models of cellular phones. However, your phone might require different steps. Check the user manual or contact the phone manufacturer for specific information about your phone.
This document does not apply to iPhones.
Printing Photos from a Bluetooth-enabled Camera Phone
Follow these steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.
Step one: Enable Bluetooth on your phone
- Find the Bluetooth settings on your phone. These settings might be in one of the following common menus or folders:
- Phone Settings
- System Tools
- System Options
- From the menu or folder, turn on or enable Bluetooth.NOTE:The default setting for many Bluetooth-enabled phones is Enabled or On . On some Bluetooth-enabled phones, a Bluetooth icon displays on the cellular phone when Bluetooth is turned on.
Step two: Determine the product to which you want to connect
On your HP product, find the product model name and number. If you cannot find it, go to How Do I Find My Model Number (bpy21016) (in English).
Step three: Connect to the Bluetooth-enabled HP product
- In the Bluetooth menu or folder on your phone, select the option to search for and connect to Bluetooth devices. This option might be in one of the following subfolders or submenus:
- My Bluetooth Devices
- Inquiry New Device
- Device Discovery
- Search Devices
- Connect to Devices
- Select the HP product model name and number in the list of Bluetooth devices. The phone bonds to the product.NOTE:During the bonding step, the phone might prompt you to enter a passkey. The most common default passkey is 0000 .
Step three: Print photos from the phone
- On your phone, find the photo you want to print. Photos are often stored in one of the following locations:
- The internal memory of the phone
- Add-on storage media, such as a Micro SD card
- A folder called Photos , Pictures , Images , Images and Videos , or My Photos
- Select the photo, and then select the option to print the photo. This option might be one of the following options:
- Forward to Bluetooth
- Send to HP <your product model name and number>
- Print Options
- If the phone prompts you to select a destination for the photo, select the HP product. The photo prints.