HP LaserJet 1020 Printer support
Setting Up the LaserJet (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the printer and check the contents
- Remove the packing tape
- Install the print cartridge
- Connect the power cord
- Turn on the product
- Load plain paper
Setting up the printer
Follow these steps in order.
Step one: Unpack the printer and check the contents
- Remove the product from the box.
- Check the contents of the box.
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Install the print cartridge
- Open the output tray support, and then open the print cartridge door.
- Remove the new print cartridge from the package.CAUTION:Hold the print cartridge at each end to prevent damage to the print cartridge.
- Gently rock the print cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner evenly.
- Pull the orange tab until all the sealing tape is removed from the print cartridge. Put the tab in the print cartridge box to return for recycling.
- Insert the print cartridge in the product, and then close the print cartridge door.
Step six: Load plain paper
- Slide the paper width and length guides to their outmost positions.
- Load the paper into the paper tray, and then slide the paper width and length guides inward until they stop at the edge of the paper.CAUTION:Do not use stapled, wrinkled, folded, or damaged paper.
- Insert the input tray cover over the main input tray.
- Close the input tray.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum