This document applies to HP Notebook PCs with Microsoft Windows Vista
There is a display issue with some notebooks using the USB TV Tuner. If the notebook is connected to the internet the first time the TV Tuner is connected, Windows will search for and install the correct hardware drivers from the web. If there is no internet connection, or if the TV Tuner driver installation CD is used, the driver may need to be updated.
Install the TV Tuner driver
To resolve this problem with the display, you can uninstall the existing TV Tuner driver and allow Windows to search for the proper driver.
To download and install the USB TV Tuner driver, disconnect the USB device and do the following:
- Go to the HP website and find the TV Tuner driver for your computer.
- Select download and save the file to a convenient location such as your desktop.
- Reconnect the USB TV Tuner, double-click the downloaded file and run the program.
Alternately, you can uninstall the driver and update the driver software while connected to the internet. Make sure the USB TV Tuner is disconcerted and do the following:
- Click Start , enter Device Manager , and click Device Manager when it appears on the list.
- Open Universal Serial Bus controllers by clicking the plus sign ( + ), and right-click USB TV Tuner.
- Click uninstall and follow on screen instructions.
- After the driver is uninstalled, return to the Device Manager window and under Universal Serial Bus controllers , right-click the USB TV Tuner and click Update Driver Software . Or, go to the Device Manager tool bar, select Action , and then Scan for Hardware Changes . The computer searches on the internet for the correct driver for the USB TV Tuner.