Use the following steps to resolve issues with the HP DreamScreen hardware:
Step 1. Restart the HP DreamScreen
Attempt to restart the DreamScreen by disconnecting the power cord. Wait about 5 seconds and then reconnect the power cord. If this solves the problem, you are done. If the problem is not resolved continue with Step 2.
Step 2. Run internal self diagnostics
- Unplug HP DreamScreen. If the mini USB cable is connected to the PC, disconnect it also.
- Press and hold down the power button while plugging in the HP DreamScreen.
- The HP logo appears on the screen. When the internal diagnostics test begins to run on the HP DreamScreen, release the power button.NOTE: If the DreamScreen does not turn on, connect the power supply to another power outlet that is known to supply power and try again. If the DreamScreen still does not turn on, Contact HP for service and support.
- The internal diagnostic test runs, testing these areas:
- DDR memory
- Flash memory
- If there are errors, a message displays. Make a note of the error code and contact HP .Otherwise, the diagnostic has passed. Follow the prompt to press the Power On/Off key to reset.
- If this solves the problem, you are done. Otherwise, continue with Step 3.
Step 3. Run device diagnostics from the Setup menu
- Turn on HP DreamScreen and go to the main menu.
- Use left or right arrows on the remote control or touch control panel to select Setup from the main menu and press OK .
- Press the right arrow to select the Info tab and press OK to open the Device Information window.
- Press the down arrow and then the right arrow to select Diagnostics .
- Press OK to begin the system diagnostics.
- The diagnostics program checks a series of HP DreamScreen components such as clock, LCD backlight, ethernet and WiFi connections, memory card slots, and USB connection.
- If errors related to media storage are reported, make sure the storage media is inserted properly.If errors persist, try a different storage media.Also test the functionality of the storage media in a different device (such as a computer or a camera).
- If the diagnostics program encounters any errors, a message displays. Make a note of the error code and follow the recommendations in the table.
Device diagnostics error code table Test Item Error Code Fail Symptom Call Center Action Touch Keypad U-TH-01 Touch board no response Hardware failure; Contact HP Real Time Clock U-RT-01 RTC read error Hardware failure; Contact HP LCD Backlight U-LC-01 LCD driver not installed Hardware failure; Contact HP SD/MMC card U-SD-01 No SD/MMC card found Insert a SD/MMC card and re-run the test U-SD-02 SD/MMC card read error Replace media or test media using a different device XD card U-XD-01 No XD card found Insert XD card and re-run the test U-XD-02 XD card read error Replace media or test media using a different device MS card U-MS-01 No MS card found Insert a MS card and re-run the test U-MS-02 MS card read error Replace media or test media using a different device CF card U-CF-01 No CF card found Insert a CF card and re-run the test U-CF-02 CF card read error Replace media or test media using a different device Ethernet U-EL-01 Ethernet module fail Hardware failure; Contact HP U-E-02 Ethernet link fail Hardware failure; Contact HP WiFi U-WF-01 WiFi module fail Hardware failure; Contact HP U-WF-02 WiFi link fail Hardware failure; Contact HP USB Host U-UH-01 No USB device found Insert a USB Flash drive and re-run the test. U-UH-02 USB device read fail Replace media or test media using a different device
- When finished, press OK on the remote control to return to the Device Information screen.
- If this solves the problem, you are done. Otherwise, continue with Step 4.
Step 4. Check for HP DreamScreen software update
- Make sure the most current version of software is running on the HP DreamScreen. For instructions see: Updating DreamScreen Software .
- If a newer version of the software solves the problem, you are done. Otherwise, continue with Step 5.
Step 5. Restore factory default settings
After restarting, restore the HP DreamScreen to the factory default settings. See Restore the HP DreamScreen factory default settings .
If none of the above steps solves the problem, Contact HP .