HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer support
Setting up the Wireless Mobility Bundle
You can set up all three products in the Wireless Mobility Bundle seamlessly. Follow these steps to set up each product in the correct order and to set them up to work with each other.
NOTE:These instructions apply specifically to the Wireless Mobility Bundle and the combined installation of all three products. The instructions supersede the setup instructions and CD that ships with the HP Photosmart product.
Setting up the Wireless Mobility Bundle
Follow these instructions in the order presented. The order in which you set up the products is important.
NOTE:Some of the following steps require restarting the computer. Consider bookmarking or printing this page for ease of reference.
Step one: Set up the computer
- Open the computer box, and then unpack the computer and the instructions.
- Follow the setup instructions for the computer. These instructions help you set up and register the computer. Return to this document when you have completed the computer setup and registration.
Step two: Set up the router
NOTE:If the Linksys router replaced an existing router and you lose wireless Internet connection at any time after you set up this equipment, disconnect the power cord from the back of your cable or DSL modem. Do not unplug the router. Wait 60 seconds, reconnect the power cord to the modem, and then wait for the modem to reinitialize. If the wireless Internet connection does not return, you might need to contact your Internet Service Provider to restore the wireless settings.
- Insert the HP Wireless Solutions CD in the computer CD drive.
- Open the router box, and then unpack the router.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the router.NOTE:To avoid installation issues, do not connect the Linksys router to any other routers you might have.
- When the on-screen instructions prompt you to connect the router to your modem, disconnect the power cord from the modem, connect the router to the modem, wait 60 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the modem.
- When you complete the router setup, the on-screen instructions prompt you to set up the product.
Step three: Set up the product and connect it wirelessly
NOTE:If you want to set up the product on a computer other than the Pavilion notebook computer that came with the bundle, use the setup CD that shipped with the product. When the setup completes, continue with 'Step four: Set up the wireless connection manually.'
- When the on-screen instructions prompt you to start the product setup, open the product box, and then unpack the product.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the product.The router and the product use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), which allows the product to gather the wireless settings automatically. During the install, the setup program might prompt you to press the WPS button ( ) on your router. This allows the router to connect to the product.NOTE:You can also make a wireless connection without using WPS. To set up the wireless connection manually, continue with 'Step four: Set up the wireless connection manually.'The light next to the WPS button ( ) flashes blue for about two minutes during setup. If the light turns amber or yellow, wait until the light turns off, and then continue with 'Step four: Set up the wireless connection manually.'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- If a message that confirms the successful connection displays on the product control panel, you do not need to follow any more steps.
- If the connection does not succeed, continue with the next step.
Step four: Set up the wireless connection manually
- On the product control panel, press the lighted button next to Scan .
- Press the lighted button next to Wireless Menu , and then press the lighted button next to WPS .
- Press the lighted button next to Push Button , and then press the WPS button ( ) on the router.NOTE:After you press the lighted button next to Push Button , you must press the WPS button ( ) on the router within four minutes .
- When the connection completes successfully, a confirmation message displays on the product control panel.