HP Photosmart D7360 Printer support
The Installation CD Does Not Start Automatically in Windows 7
The software installation does not start automatically when the printer CD is inserted in the CD drive of the computer running Windows 7.
If you are looking for the latest driver for your printer, got to Download and install the HP software .
Solution one: Check the CD and change the Autoplay setting
Follow these steps to check the CD for damage or dirt, and then change the Autoplay setting.
Step one: Check the CD for dirt or damage
Your CD drive might not be able to read a dirty CD. Follow these steps to safely clean the installation disc.
- Remove the software CD from the CD drive.
- Insert another CD, such as a music or a video CD, to verify that the CD drive is working correctly.
- If the music or video CD does not play, then there is an issue with the CD drive. Contact the CD drive manufacturer.
- If the music or video CD does play, inspect the HP CD for any damage (such as scratches), and then clean the HP CD using a soft cloth dampened in distilled water.
- Dry the CD with a lint-free cloth.
- Insert the software CD in the CD drive.
- If the User Account Control window displays at any time during the installation, click Continue .
- If the installation does not start automatically, try inserting the software CD in another CD drive on the computer, if available.
Step two: Change the Autoplay setting
- Click the Windows icon ( ), type autoplay in the Search Programs and Files box, and then press Enter . The Autoplay window opens.
- Under Choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device , make sure that the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices check box is selected. Click the check box if the option is not checked.
- Click Save .
- Insert the printer software CD in the CD drive. The installation starts automatically.
- Click the Windows icon ( ).
- Click Computer , and then double-click the CD drive where the printer software is located.
- Double-click the setup.exe file.NOTE:If nothing displays in the right pane of the Explore window, or if nothing happens when you double-click setup.exe , the CD might be damaged or unusable. Skip to the 'Order a new installation CD from HP' solution in this document.
- If the User Account Control window opens, click Continue .
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution two: Copy the contents of the printer software CD to the hard drive and install
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ).
- Click Computer .
- Double-click C: . C: is the hard drive letter location.
- Right-click the Windows desktop, click New , click Folder , type HP Software , and then press Enter .
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Open Windows Explorer . Windows Explorer opens.
- Click the CD drive letter. The CD contents are listed on the right side of the window.If the CD drive is not displaying in Windows Explorer, click the arrow next to Computer to list all of the drives on the PC.
- Click Organize .
- Click Select All .
- With the files still selected, click Organize , and then click Copy .
- Close Windows Explorer.
- Open the HP Software folder created in a previous step.
- Click Organize and then click Paste .NOTE:If a Cannot copy from source disk or drive or Cannot copy specified file error message opens in Windows 7 and other CDs work correctly in the CD drive, the software CD might be damaged or unusable. Skip to the 'Download and install the HP software' step in this document.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type C:\HP Software\setup.exe in the Search Programs and Files box, and then press Enter .NOTE:If C:\HP Software\setup.exe is not found, type C:\HP Software\hpzsetup.exe instead, and then press Enter .
- Double-click C:\HP Software\setup.exe or C:\HP Software\hpzsetup.exe .
- On the User Account Control window, click Continue .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Solution three: Download and install the HP software
If you prefer to install your software now and a driver is available for your printer, you can download a driver from the HP Website. Follow these steps to download and install the HP driver.
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Go , and then click Drivers .
- Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next .
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Solution four: Order a new installation CD from HP
- Click this link, Select Software and Drivers .
- If prompted, type your printer number. You might also need to click it in a list of similar printers.
- In the Software & Driver downloads window, click your operating system.
- Click Order Physical Media - CD/DVD/USB .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order a new software CD.