HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n support
The Printer Is Not Listed in HP Solution Center After Upgrading to Windows 7
After upgrading your computer from Windows XP or Windows Vista to the Windows 7 operating system, your product no longer appears in HP Solution Center.
If you installed the product on the computer by connecting the USB cable, the print drivers built into the Windows 7 operating system (in-OS drivers) install automatically. In-OS drivers are drivers that support basic printing, but they do not support HP Solution Center.
Follow these steps to uninstall the in-OS driver, and then install the full version of the HP software for Windows 7 with the CD that came with the product, or from the HP Web site.
Step one: Uninstall the HP software
- Disconnect the USB cable from the HP product.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon (), and then click All Programs.
- Point to HP, and then point to the folder with the name and model number of your product.NOTE:If an HP folder is not present, or your product is not listed in the HP program folder, continue to the next step.
- Click Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the in-OS driver.
Step two: Download and install the HP software
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads .
- If the Welcome to HP Support page opens, follow these steps:
- In the Enter product name or number field, type your printer model or number.
- In the Questions or keywords field, type driver, and then press Enter.You might need to select your printer model number from a list of similar printer models.
- Next to the image of your printer, click the name of your printer.
- On the HP support site, click Drivers.
- Select your operating system, and then click Next.A list of drivers and other downloads display.
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver - Product Installation Software.
- Click Download next to the full feature software and driver listed, and then follow the prompts to save the driver to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.