HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer support
The printer prints very slowly.
Preliminary steps: Print a test page and determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software
Follow these preliminary steps to determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software, and then follow the links to troubleshoot the issue.
Step one: Print and time a test page
- Follow these steps to print a test page:
- Load plain paper in the tray.
- Press the Setup button.
- Press 2 to select Print Report .
- Press 6 to select Self-Test Report . The self-test page prints.
- Measure the time (in seconds) it takes for the test page to print.
- If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , this is normal print speed and you do not need to troubleshoot.
- If the test page prints in more than 60 seconds , go to the next step.
IMPORTANT: Some products print faster than others. If the test page exceeds 60 seconds, and other documents you print typically take as long, the print speed is normal. Troubleshoot this issue only if your product is designed to print faster than about 60 seconds a page or if printing is slower than usual.
Step two: Determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software
|If the print speed is...||Additional troubleshooting steps|
|Less than 60 seconds||Troubleshoot issues related to the computer (c01928764) (in English).||Troubleshoot issues related to the computer (c01928903) (in English).|
|More than 60 seconds||Troubleshoot issues related to the printer (c01928898) (in English).||Troubleshoot issues related to the printer (c01928907) (in English).|
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum