HP Deluxe Webcam support
Error in Magic-i software: We cannot find "Arcsoft Magic-i driver" in your computer
This document pertains only to HP Deluxe, HP Premium Autofocus, and HP Elite Autofocus Webcams being used in Windows 7.
The following three HP webcams came with Arcsoft Magic-i 3 software:
- KQ246AA - HP Deluxe Webcam
- KQ245AA - HP Premium Autofocus Webcam
- GX607AA - HP Elite Autofocus Webcam
Arcsoft Magic-i 3 software fails to initialize when installed in Windows 7. The following error message appears after installing Arcsoft Magic-i 3 in Windows 7:
A new software CD has been created that fixes the error message. If you have an earlier version, uninstall the software and install a more recent version.
Disc information for HP Deluxe Webcam (KQ246AA) and HP Premium Autofocus Webcam (KQ245AA):
- Use Installation disc version 1.4 or higher.
- Do not use version 1.3 or lower. Any software CD version lower than version 1.4 will not install correctly on Windows 7 64 bit. Installation disc version 1.4 is black and green and labeled with part number 5014-0797. If the software CD is version 1.4 or higher, the software installs correctly on XP, VISTA (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). Any of the new blue CDs (OV3) with part number 573510-001 or 573514-001 installs correctly.
- Supports the following languages: Danish, Dutch, English (American), French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish.
Disc information for HP Elite Autofocus Webcam (GX607AA):
- Use Installation disc version 1.5 or higher.
- Do not use version 1.4 or lower. Any software version lower than version 1.5 will not install correctly on Windows 7 64 bit. If the software CD indicates version 1.5 or higher, the software installs correctly on XP, VISTA (32 and 64 bit), and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit).
- Supports the following languages: Dutch, English (American), French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish.
Obtain the correct version of the installation disc that matches your Webcam, by doing one of the following:
- In the United States: go to the HP Support & Drivers site for your Webcam (KQ246AA, KQ245AA, or GX607AA), select Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, and fill out the order form.
- If you are in the United States or Canada, Contact HP to order a disc.
- If you are in Latin America Countries/Regions, Contact HP to order a disc.
- If you are in Europe, Middle East, and Africa Countries/Regions, the software cd can be ordered at the following link: HP Software and Driver download page . Shipping and handling costs and other fees may apply and may vary by country or region. HP guarantees compatibility with the operating system mentioned in the product documentation. If you have upgraded the operating system on your computer, you might need an upgraded version of the Webcam software.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum