HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g support
This document contains steps for installing replacement cartridges.
Follow these steps in the order presented to replace the cartridges.
Video of replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
CAUTION: Do not leave the cartridge outside the product for an extended period. This can result in damage to the product and the cartridge. Have a new cartridge available before removing the old cartridge.
Step one: Remove the old cartridges
- Press the power button ( ) to turn on the product.CAUTION:If the product is off when the cartridge door is opened, the product will not release the cartridges.
- Open the front access door. The carriage moves to the far right side of the product.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on the cartridge to release it.
- To replace the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the slot on the left.
- Pull the cartridge toward you out of its slot.
Step two: Install the new cartridges
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging. Be careful to touch only the black plastic.
- Gently remove the plastic tape by pulling the pink pull tab.Figure 3: Remove the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Hold the cartridge with the HP logo on top, and insert the new cartridge into the empty cartridge slot. Make sure you push the cartridge in firmly until it snaps into place.
- If you are installing the tri-color cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
- If you are installing a black cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Close the front access door.
Step three: Load plain paper
Follow these steps to load plain paper into your product. If you already loaded plain paper in the product, skip to the next step.
- Pull out the tray extender.
- Insert the paper stack into the input tray with the short edge forward and print side down.NOTE:Do not load paper while the device is printing.
- Adjust the paper width guide so it rests against the stack of paper.
Step four: Align the product
- When prompted after loading the paper, press OK on the control panel to begin the alignment process. The product prints an alignment page.
- Open the scanner lid, and then place the printed alignment page face down on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press OK . The product scans the alignment page, completing the alignment.