HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g support
Replacement Product Instructions
When HP replaces your defective product, some accessories or parts need to be transferred from the defective product to the replacement product.
- Some optional accessories might not be included with your product model.
- Keep any optional accessories that you bought separately.
See below the list of HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One G510 Series models which this document applies to:
|Model name||Product code|
|HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g||CB867A|
|HP Officejet 4500 Desktop AiO Printer - G510a||CM753A|
|HP Officejet 4500 Wireless AiO Printer - G510n||CN547A|
- Prior to replacing or disposing of your defective unit, follow these instructions to ensure the right accessories are removed.a) Print cartridgesNOTE:Make sure that the unit is plugged in and turned on before removing the print cartridges.Follow the instructions below to remove the print cartridges:
NOTE:If the cartridges are not going to be inserted in the replacement product immediately, please store them at room temperature inside a rigid sealed plastic container. Store the color cartridge with the nozzles DOWN and the black cartridge with the nozzles UP . This will help prevent ink from drying out.Then, unplug the unit and keep the following accessories:b) Power modulec) Power cordd) USB corde) Fax cablef) User Manuals and CDs
- Open the front access door and wait until the print carriage moves to the far right side of the device.
- Once the print carriage is idle and silent, lightly press down on an ink cartridge to release it; thereafter pull the ink cartridge out of its slot.
- Repeat Step 2 for the other ink cartridge and close the front access door.
- Transfer the accessories mentioned above from your defective unit to the replacement product.
- Apply power to the replacement product and test all the product functions.
- For additional support information for your HP product, please visit www.hp.com/support .