HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer support
Redistributing the Toner
When a small amount of toner remains in print cartridge, faded or light areas might appear on the printed page. You might be able to temporarily improve print quality by redistributing the toner.
- Lift the scanner assembly, and open the print-cartridge door.Figure 1: Scanner and print-cartridge door
- Remove the print cartridge.Figure 2: Remove the print cartridge
- To redistribute the toner, gently rock the print cartridge from front to back.Rocking motionCAUTION:If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
- Install the print cartridge.Figure 4: Install the print cartridge
- Close the print-cartridge door and the scanner assembly.Figure 5: Scanner and print-cartridge door
If the print is still light, install a new print cartridge.