HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer support
Setting Up the LaserJet (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the printer:
- Check the contents of the box
- Remove packing tape
- Prepare the print cartridge
- Prepare the trays
- Load plain paper
- Connect the power cord
- Turn on power
Setting up the printer
Follow these steps in order.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
Remove the printer from the box, and then check the contents of the box.
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Remove packing tape
Remove all packing tape from the printer.
Step three: Prepare the print cartridge
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Lift up the paper packing, but do not remove it.
- Remove the print cartridge packaging.
- Remove the print cartridge from the printer.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end.
- Remove the packaging from inside the printer.
- Remove the orange clip from the end of the print cartridge.
- Gently rock the print cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner evenly.
- Bend the tab on the left side of the print cartridge until the tab breaks loose. Pull the tab to remove all the sealing tape from the print cartridge.CAUTION:If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
- Insert the print cartridge, and then close the print cartridge door.
Step four: Prepare the trays
Step five: Load plain paper
- Raise the priority input tray, and then slide the paper length and width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load plain paper in the main input tray with the top forward and the print side up.
- Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.NOTE:To prevent jams and skewing, always adjust the side and front paper guides.
- Lower the priority tray.
Step six: Connect the power cord
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum