HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer support
Replacing the Cartridge
Replace the print cartridge
When a print cartridge approaches the end of useful life, you can continue printing with the current cartridge until redistributing the toner no longer yields acceptable print quality.
Which cartridges you use depends on your country or region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
- Open the print-cartridge door, and then remove the old print cartridge.Figure 1: removing the print cartridge
- Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging. Place the used print cartridge in the bag and box for recycling.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end. Do not touch the cartridge shutter or the roller surface.
- Grasp both sides of the print cartridge and gently rock the print cartridge to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.Figure 2: shaking the print cartridge
- Bend the tab on the left side of the cartridge until the tab breaks loose, and then pull the tab until all the tape is removed from the cartridge. Place the tab and tape in the print-cartridge box to return for recycling.Figure 3: removing the sealing tape
- Insert the print cartridge in the product, and then close the print-cartridge door.inserting the print cartridgeCAUTION:If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.