HP G5283sc Desktop PC support
Motherboard Specifications, MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: MS-7613
- HP/Compaq name: Iona
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 in) x 24.4 cm (9.6 in)
- Intel H57 Express
- 2.5 GT/s
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Intel Core i7-8xx (Lynnfield core)
- Intel Core i5-7xx (Lynnfield core)
- Intel Core i5-6xx (Clarkdale core)
- Intel Core i3-5xx (Clarkdale core)NOTE:Maximum processor core frequency <= 2.93GHz
Memory upgrade information:
- Supports DDR3 DIMMs only
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
- DIMM types:
- PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
- PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
- Maximum memory only if using 4GB DDR3 DIMM modules.
NOTE:32-bit PCs can only address less than 4.0 GB of memory. This motherboard is not planned for use with a 32-bit OS.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using Intel H57 chipset (when compatible CPU is installed)
- Intel HD Graphics
Integrated High Definition audio
- Audio CODEC: ALC888S
- 6-channel high-definition audio
- AC97: no
- Technology: Realtek RTL8111DL 10/100 Mbps
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Transmission standards: Gigabit 10-Base-GT Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16 slot (for graphics card support)
- Three PCI Express x1 slots (for cards such as network, sound, or tv-tuner)
- One PCI Express x1 minicard socket
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - USB ports: 2
2 - S/PDIF optical output port
3 - IEEE 1394 port
4 - RJ45 LAN
5 - Video Graphics Adapter port
6 - Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange)
7 - Rear Speaker Out port (black)
8 - Side Speaker Out port (gray)
9 - Line In port (light blue)
10 - Line Out port (lime)
11 - Microphone port (pink)
12 - DVI port
13 - USB ports: 4
- One CPU fan connector
- Four DIMM sockets
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- Four SATA connectors
- Six USB headers, supporting 8 USB connections
- WLAN card LED connector
- Clear CMOS jumper
- Clear BIOS password jumper
- Front panel connector
- SPDIF out connector
- ROM Recovery
- 1394 connector
- Front panel audio connector
- One PCI-E x16 connector
- Three PCI-E x1 connectors
- One PCI-E Mini-Card connector
- One PC fan connector
Figure 4: Back I/O panel
1 - USB 2.0 ports 1 and 2.
2 - S/PDIF optical output port. This port connects an external audio device.
3 - IEEE 1394 port. This 6-pin IEEE 1394 port provides high-speed connectivity for audio/video devices, storage peripherals, PCs, or portable devices.
4 - LAN (RJ-45) port. This port allows connection to a Local Area Network (LAN) through a network hub.
5 - Video Graphics Adapter port. This port is for a VGA monitor or other VGA-compatible devices.
6 - Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange). This port connects the center/subwoofer speakers.
7 - Rear Speaker Out port (black). This port connects to the rear speakers on a 4-channel, 6-channel, or 8-channel audio configuration.
8 - Side Speaker Out port (gray). This port connects to the side speakers in an 8-channel audio configuration.
9 - Line In port (light blue). This port connects a tape, CD, DVD player, or other audio sources.
10 - Line Out port (lime). This port connects to headphones or a speaker. In 4-channel, 6-channel, and 8-channel mode, the function of this port becomes Front Speakers Out.
11 - Microphone port (pink). This port connects a microphone.
12 - DVI port. DVI is a standard for connecting computers to digital monitors and provides a pure digital video signal to a digital flat-panel display or projector.
13 - USB 2.0 ports 3, 4, 5, and 6. These four 4-pin Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports are available for connecting USB 2.0 devices.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may use this jumper to clear the password settings.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum