This document applies to HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario notebook PCs with Windows 7 or Vista operating system.
The HP Support Assistant is a collection diagnostic and repair tools that will keep your computer operating as efficiently as possible. You are strongly encourage to install the newest version and allow it to run tune up and diagnostic services on a regularly scheduled basis. For instance, set the program to run once a month, late at night, when the computer is not in use.
If you have a problem with your computer and you contact HP for assistance, you will be instructed to use the HP Support Assistant to install any known updates and run diagnostic tests BEFORE you can receive any specific technical advice.
The HP Support Assistant uses model specific information to diagnose hardware and software issues, install updated drivers and patches, and provide you with additional information and tools to keep your computer operating properly. It can be used if the original operating system was Windows 7 or Vista, or if it was updated to Windows 7 or Vista.
|Install the latest versions of HPSA Version 5.x for Windows 7 and Vista or HPSA Version 6.x for Windows 7 only .|
For detailed information, see HP Notebook PCs - Installing and Using HP Support Assistant .
To benefit from the major enhancements built into HP Support Assistant, HP recommends that you perform the following actions:
- Click this link to download HP Support Assistant , orAlternately, go to the hp.com/go/helpandsupport web page, and download the latest HP Support Assistant for your notebook / desktop / workstation computer. Download the file to your computer, Do Not RUN the application from the web.
- Click Start , Control Panel , and select Uninstall to remove the existing, older version of HP Support Assistant.
- Shutdown and restart the computer.
- Double-click the previously downloaded file to install the updated HP Support Assistant .The HP Support Assistant icon displays on the desktop.
- When the program is installed, double-click the HP Support Assistant desktop icon, select Maintain , select Tune up .
- Click Start Tune-up .
- When the installation and Tune up are complete, a list of updates will display. Follow the on-screen instructions to apply all the Important actions and Recommended actions .If your computer is up-to-date, there will be no required or pending actions.
Contact HP service and support
|Customer Support . Individual countries and regions have their own procedures for providing product support and customer service. For your country or region, go to the Hewlett Packard Technical Support page, select a country or region, and then click Contact HP . Alternately, click the Contact HP link near the upper left corner of this web page|
For Vista or Windows 7, see HP Notebook PCs - Installing and Using HP Support Assistant