Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX Notebook PC support
Internal Microphone Does Not Function Properly With Certain Audio Applications
This document pertains to certain HP G60-5XX and G60-6XX series notebook PCs and Compaq Presario CQ60-422DX, CQ60-423DX, CQ60-514NR, CQ60-601NR and CQ60-615DX Notebook PCs.
Description of microphone problem
The internal microphone does not function properly when used with certain audio applications. You may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Recorded audio volume is low during playback.
- Recorded audio is distorted during playback.
- Recorded audio contains background noise and/or static during playback.
This issue may occur when using programs such as Windows Sound Recorder, Skype, MSN, or VoxOx VOIP on notebooks with the Windows 7 operating system.
Install the latest audio driver
Some affected notebook PCs may experience improved microphone quality after updating to the latest version of the Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver released March 10, 2010 from the HP Software and Driver Download page.
If after you have installed the updated Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver from HP the microphone quality has not improved, please contact HP Service and Support so HP can set up a repair for your notebook PC. Please use the method available in the Contact HP section of this page.
Download and install the latest audio driver using one of the following options.
- The Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver (version 22.214.171.124 A) is available with download and installation instructions at the following link:
- The Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver (version 126.96.36.199 A) is available as an executable (.exe) from ftp.hp.com at the following link:
If installing the Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver (version 188.8.131.52 A) does not resolve the problem, contact HP service and support (1-800-hp-invent) for further assistance.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum