HP Deskjet 3055A e-All-in-One Printer - J611n support
Replacing the Cartridges
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Which cartridges you use might depend on your country/region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
NOTE:The video shows the HP Deskjet 3050. The outside of the product might not look the same as your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Step one: Load paper
Whenever you install a new cartridge, the HP product prompts you to load paper so you can complete a cartridge alignment. Before you begin the alignment process, make sure that paper is loaded in the product. Follow these steps to load paper in the product.
- Raise the input tray.
- Lower the output tray, and then pull out the tray extender.
- Slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- Load a stack of plain paper into the input tray, print-side up. Slide the stack of paper in until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guide snugly against the paper.
Step two: Replace the cartridge
- Load plain white paper in the input tray.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Open the cartridge door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- Lightly press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then pull the pull tab to remove the plastic tape.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides with the contacts toward the printer and the nozzles facing down toward the bottom of the product, and then insert the cartridge into its slot.
- The tri-color cartridge () goes in the slot on the left
- The black cartridge () goes in the slot on the right
- Push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.
- Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Press the button next to OK on the control panel display ().The printer prints an alignment page.
Step three: Align the cartridges
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press the button next to OK on the control panel display ().The product scans the alignment page.
- When the Alignment successful message displays on the control panel screen, press the button next to OK on the control panel display () to complete the alignment.