HP Pavilion Elite HPE-198a Desktop PC support
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-198a Desktop PC Product Specifications
Country/region sold in
- New Zealand
- Manufacturer: Pegatron
- Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- Chipset: Intel X58 Express
- Memory sockets: 6 x DDR3
- Front side bus speeds: 4.8 GT/s QPI
- Processor socket: LGA1366
- Expansion Slots:
- 1 PCI Express x1 slot
- 1 PCI Express x4 slot
- For more details, see Truckee motherboard specifications .
- TDP: 130W
- Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Intel Core i7 9xx series (Bloomfield, includes Extreme Edition)
- Amount: 12 GB
- Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500)
- Triple channel memory architecture
- Six 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
- Supports PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066) DIMM types
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 4 GB DDR3 DIMMs
- Supports up to 24 GB on 64-bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs
NOTE:*32-bit operating systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
- Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x16
- 1 GB onboard memory
- This card occupies a single PCI Express x16 slot, and covers the adjacent slot. This means the adjacent slot is not available for another card because this card is extra wide.
- This is not a retail GeForce graphics card, but a special HP version.
Motherboard does not contain onboard graphics hardware to display video. A video card must be installed.
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Number of channels: 8
- Audio CODEC: ALC888S
- Maximum bit depth: up to 24-bit
- Maximum sample rate: up to 192,000 Hz
- Supports SPDIF digital
Figure 6: Ports
1 - Coaxial DVB-T/PAL
2 - S-Video in (S-Vid)
3 - Left audio in (L)
4 - Right audio in (R)
- Interface: PCI Express x1
- Supported transmission standards:
* Requires an antenna
- DVB-T (digital)*
- PAL (analog)
- Either DVB-T or PAL signal is available. You cannot use both at the same time.
- A 10-pin header on the card provides additional S-Video, composite video, and audio inputs for multimedia connections on the front of some PC cases.
- Built-in IR controller: Yes
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Intel WG82567V
- Data transfer speeds: 10/100/1000 Mb/s (Gigabit Ethernet) integrated LAN NOTE: Gigabit Ethernet is backwards compatible with 10/100 Mb/s network hardware.
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
CD/DVD disc drive
NOTE:This Blu-Ray Disc DVD drive introduces a player that reads Blu-ray Disc format enabling you to watch high-definition Blu-ray Disc movies. NOTE: This drive does not include high-definition write capability.
|Formats/Disc types||Write speeds||Read speeds||Storage capacity|
|BD-ROM SL||NA||up to 6X||up to 25 GB|
|BD-ROM DL||NA||up to 4.8X||up to 50 GB|
|BD-R SL||not supported||up to 6X||up to 25 GB|
|BD-R DL||not supported||up to 4.8X||up to 50 GB|
|BD-RE SL||not supported||up to 2.3X||up to 25 GB|
|BD-RE DL||not supported||up to 2X||up to 50 GB|
|HD DVD||not supported|
|DVD-ROM SL||NA||up to 16X||up to 4.7 GB|
|DVD-ROM DL||NA||up to 8X||up to 8.5 GB|
|DVD+R SL||up to 16X||up to 12X||up to 4.7 GB|
|DVD+R DL||up to 4X||up to 8X||up to 8.5 GB|
|DVD+RW SL||up to 8X||up to 10X||up to 4.7 GB|
|DVD+RW DL||not supported|
|DVD-R SL||up to 16X||up to 12X||up to 4.7 GB|
|DVD-R DL||up to 4X||up to 8X||up to 8.5 GB|
|DVD-RW SL||up to 6X||up to 10X||up to 4.7 GB|
|DVD-RW DL||not supported|
|DVD-RAM||up to 5X||up to 5X||up to 4.7 GB|
|CDROM||NA||up to 40X||up to 700 MB|
|CDR||up to 40X||up to 40X||up to 700 MB|
|CDRW||up to 24X||up to 40X||up to 700 MB|
|CD-DA||NA||up to 32X||up to 700 MB|
|Video CD||NA||up to 10X||up to 700 MB|
Memory Card Reader
- Supports the following cards:
- CompactFlash I
- CompactFlash II
- IBM Microdrive
- SecureDigital (SD)
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC)
- MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus)
- MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile)
- Memory Stick
- Memory Stick Pro
- Memory Stick Duo
- Memory Stick Pro Duo
- xD-Picture Card (xD = extreme digital)
- Height: 40 cm (15.75 inches)
- Width: 17.78 cm (7 inches)
- Length: 43.18 cm (17 inches)
|13.33 cm (5.25 inch)||2|
|8.89 cm (3.5 inch)||3|
|Pocket Media Drive||1|
|* Bays may be occupied by existing hardware.|
460W power supply
- 1394: 1
- USB: 2
- Headphone: 1
- Microphone: 1
Figure 10: Back I/O panel
1 - OPTICAL S/PDIF coaxial out port.
2 - SATA
3 - IEEE 1394 port.
4 - RJ45 Network (LAN)
5 - Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange). This port connects the center/subwoofer speakers.
6 - Audio: Rear speaker out (black).
7 - Audio: Line in (light blue)
8 - Audio: Line out (lime)
9 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
10 - Audio: Side speaker out (gray)
11 - USB 2.0: 4
Keyboard, mouse and input devices
NOTE:HP provides basic support for software that comes with the computer. For in-depth feature assistance, refer to the help section in the software or on the software vendor's Web site.
|Software Category||Software Title||Supported by HP Application Recovery|
|Entertainment, Music & Games|
NOTE: This support document provides specifications and component images that reflect the original design intention for all PCs of this model. Under certain circumstances, a factory or service provider may install a component that meets or exceeds the listed specification and/or appears different than the image shown.